- Process: The waka ama (Va’a) paddle is made by hand laying-up, with PMI foam inside, shaped by CNC machine. This process allows us to perfect the weight, size, and blade thickness.
- Material: Full carbon fiber. Or handcrafted wood shaft reinforced with fiberglass and carbon blade.
- Optimum Angle: 12°between the blade and shaft helps you save energy. And the blade with reverse waterline is suitable for open water cruising flat water cruising and long paddling distances.
- Ergonomic: T-handle and the oval shaft grip part of paddle make it easier to grasp and maximize your strength during paddling .
- 1-Piece Carbon Shaft: 3K prepreg shaped shaft.We use higher process difficulty to keep in one piece between the shaft and handle. No gap junction. More aesthetic and solid.
- Upper Bent Shaft: Allow the blade to keep vertical for a longer portion of the stroke. It makes available power be greatest and moves more water with less effort.
- Blade: Reinforced classical water-drop shape blade edge with carbon filament and thickened carbon fiber on the joint between shaft and blade. More resistant to collisions.
- Patented Cut Technology-World Rowing & International Canoe Federation approved
Principle: High-pressure water created on the front of the blade during a stroke escapes round the edges (backflow) to fill the low pressure area at the back. The cuts allow some high pressure water to squeeze through the blade. As it does so, it loses energy and becomes low-pressure water. This maintains the driving force of the blade while creating a softer catch and more stable stroke.
Function: by meticulously placing angled cuts or slits through the face of the blade.
- LESS STRESS– the progressive power curve, results in significantly less physiological stress in shoulder and back, less possibility of muscle strain, enabling maximum enjoyment and shorter recovery time.
- NO LOSS OF PERFORMANCE– there is no loss of power or performance from the blade, enabling their owners to maximize performance more than ever before with less risk of fatigue and injury.
- SOFTER CATCH– the progressive power curve, provides a softer and smoother catch, maintaining good acceleration and is easier to keep the blade locked on through to the finish.
- MORE GRIP– The cuts grip the water more easily, provide greater control and improve stability in the paddling stroke.
- CLEAN FINISH– maintaining the high/low pressure differential gives a cleaner extraction at the finish.Fixed length and adjustable shaft are offered.