- How to choose
A good SUP paddle is lightweight, sturdy and effective, so it feels like an extension of paddler's body.
In order to facilitate transport and storage, we mainly offer 3-piece adjustable SUP paddle (Series S is also available in 1-piece, 1 box of 25 pieces). A handy & durable carbon fiber shaft with our carbon prepreg handle, provide the lightest weight option for paddlers.
Material is one of the key factors when choosing the paddle. The solid translucent fiberglass blade has extremely high impact strength and good durability. Also, the colored blades could help improve your safety. And the economical price is very suitable for beginners, training and renting.
Use ZJ's SUP paddle to free yourself!
1. 3 K prepreg shaped shaft.
2. The solid translucent fiberglass has extremely high impact resistance.
3. The marked colors guarantee your safety to a greater extent. And
4. The economical price is very suitable for beginners.
5. 3-pieces paddle, it’s easy to store and carry.
Prepreg Carbon Fiber
Green, Blue, Red, Yellow, White, Other color
1. If the Color is not listed on the selection listing, please kindly choose “Other” to submit the order and leave us a message in the ORDER NOTE (Color).
2. Normally ship out within 7 days after receiving your payment.
3. Please kindly unpack the package and check the paddles in front of the forwarder, please do not accept the package, not to sign the bill if there is any damage on the paddles, thanks, or we will be not responsible for the damaged paddles, hoping that you may understand it, thanks.
4. Please kindly note that all the sizes indicated are manual measured, there may be 5 MM more or less. If you prefer highly of the exactness, please kindly consider it before ordering. Thanks for your kind understanding.
5. All importing fees caused (Tax, duties, etc.) will be at buyer’s cost. To help you receive the products without any fees, we will help declare low value to save or avoid the fees. But please kindly note that we will not be responsible for any import fees if caused. Thanks for your kindly understanding.
Content for tab 5...
* Type of Paddle Boarding
1. All-Around Paddle Boarding
For all around paddling any sup paddle will work fine. What paddle you choose will be determined by how often you paddle. The more you paddleboard the lighter weight paddle you will want.
If you only paddle a few times a year a heavier entry level paddle will be fine. Spending more time in the water you will want to upgrade to a fiberglass or carbon/fiberglass blend.
Adjustable paddles are the way to go for most paddlers. Beginners need an adjustable paddle to experiment with different lengths.
Sup racers want the stiffest and lightest carbon paddle they can afford. Blade size will depend on the paddlers strength and the condition of his/her shoulders.
3. Surfing and Whitewater
Surfing and whitewater demand a durable paddle. The shaft should have some flex. Fiberglass is a good choice.
4. Touring/Long Distance
Serious long distance paddlers want the lightest paddle they can afford.
Many long distance paddlers like a little bit of flex which is easier on the joints and muscles.
A lightweight high-quality carbon/fiberglass blend is a good choice.
Long distance paddlers tend to prefer a moderate blade size to save wear and tear on their shoulders, wrists and elbows.
5. Women and Children
There are sup paddles made specifically for women and children. These paddles are lighter with smaller blades. The shaft and grip is smaller in diameter to fit smaller hands.
* Blade Size
90-100 sq. inches
Generate more power
But need more power to paddle
Best for larger strong paddlers
Best for well-conditioned paddlers on fast boards
Less strokes per minute
80-87 sq. inches
Easier on all the joints and muscles
Best for a quick cadence
Best for dynamic turns
Best for smaller paddlers
Best if you have shoulder problems
More strokes per minute with less energy per stroke
Body weight/Blade Size Guidelines
There are two basic blade shapes. The tear drop and the rectangle.
The difference is only noticeable with experience.
Basically, the tear-drop shape has a tad more power. The rectangle offers a faster cadence and is easier on the body.
Blade offset is the degree of angle a blade has.
- 7º blade is best for surfing and whitewater
- 10º blade is best for all-around paddling
- 12º blade is best for racing
* Adjustable vs Fixed Length
- Adjustable paddles are the most common and popular type of sup paddle. They allow the beginner to experiment and find the perfect paddle length.
Adjustable paddles break down into two or three sections making them shorter for travel.
Intermediate and advanced paddlers like them because they can use the same paddle for long distance touring and shorten it for surfing.
With an adjustable paddle you can have one paddle for the entire family. And it can be adjusted for a friend who wants to try your paddle board.
- Fixed sup paddles are made for experienced paddlers who know exactly what they need in a paddle.
Fixed paddles tend to be a bit lighter, a bit stronger and cost a bit less. And you never have to worry about the locking mechanism breaking.
*SUP Paddle Length Tips
For flat water paddling: 8-10” taller than your height
When surfing or whitewater river running: 4-8″ taller than your height
-You need to experiment within these guidelines to find the best length for you. Everyone has different body proportions, longer or shorter arms, etc.
-Most paddlers fit near the middle of these guidelines.
-If you have longer arms or broader shoulders try the longer side of the guidelines.
-If you have shoulder problems try the shorter side of the guidelines.
-If your shoulders hurt from paddling your paddle is too long.
-If you have an upright style try the longer side of the guidelines.
-If you have a more crouching style try the shorter side.
-You can adjust for conditions: In flat water a longer paddle will give you longer more powerful strokes.
-When the water gets choppy a shorter paddle will help you handle those rougher conditions with short quick strokes.