- Shipping Cost
- How to choose
Outrigger Canoe Paddle can trace its birthplace to Tahiti and Hawaii. Our 1st prototype wooden OC paddle was completely handcrafted by an over 40 years experienced paddler in Tahiti.
During hundreds of tests by different levels of paddlers, we made several key innovations on the OC paddle. The 1st improvement was lowering the bent curve of the shaft. And we adopted a classical water-drop shape for the blade. The last point was that we adopted 12 degrees for the blade angle, which was more laborsaving and more efficient for paddling. Then we got the final version of OC paddle.
As it is favored by more and more OC paddle hobbyist, we use a wider variety of materials, in addition to the full wood, we also offer hybrid carbon and full carbon fiber. Both beginners and professional paddlers could find suitable paddles in ZJ.
From more than a decade, ZJ has been constantly innovating and focusing on every detail for your optimal paddling experience.
1. The wooden outrigger canoe paddle is made of walnut, autumn wood, white pine.
2. The wooden outrigger canoe paddle is completely handcrafted.
3. There is a layer of fiberglass on the paddle blade as reinforcement, which is much stronger and durable than other normal wooden paddles.
Walnut, Autumn wood, White pine
Fiberglass Reinforced on Wood Blade
Pls kindly add the Items in correct quantity into cart, and check out ,
pls fill in the delivery address then submit the order for payment process,
the store system will show you the final cost including shipping cost before payment.
THANKS for your time
1. As all the wooden paddles are completely handmade, it will take roughly 2 weeks to finish the wooden paddle, pls kindly consider it before order the wooden paddle, thanks.
2. Pls kindly unpack the package and check the paddles in front of the forwarder, pls do not accept the package, not to sign the bill if there is any damage on the paddles, thanks, or we will be not responsible for the damaged paddles, hoping that you may understand it, thanks.
3. Please kindly note that all the sizes indicated are manual measured, there may be 5MM more or less. If you prefer highly of the exactness, please kindly consider it before ordering. Thanks for your kind understanding.
4. All importing fees caused (Tax, duties, etc.) will be at buyer’s cost. Pls kindly note that we will not be responsible for any import fees if caused. Thanks for your kindly understanding.
Content for tab 5...
ZJ Outrigger Canoe Paddle Sizing Chart
5’0”-5’2” (152-157 cm)
5’3”-5’5” (159-165 cm)
5’6”-5’8” (167-172 cm)
5’9”-5’11” (174-180 cm)
6’0”-6’2” (182-187 cm)
6’3”-6’5” (189 cm-194 cm)
# If you have broader than average shoulders, go to the high end of the range.
#If you have a longer torso than average for your height, go to the high end of the range.
*Paddle Size and Shape
The overall guiding principal is this: the slower the craft the smaller the blade. The strength, fitness and technique of the paddler contribute to craft speed as well as the craft itself and both factor into your choice of outrigger paddle. Understanding how you are going to use the paddle as well as your own experience will help guide you to the perfect paddle.
Hybrid outrigger paddles tend to be the most popular in the racing scene. Whether it is the natural shock absorbing qualities of the wood shaft, or the slightly heavier weight, which makes control of the paddle easier in the wind and surf, the vast majority of hardcore paddlers choose Hybrid outrigger paddles.
Full carbon paddles are lightweight but also solid, which have a perfect balance of lightness and strength.
Comfort is the greatest issue when choosing an outrigger paddle. Generally speaking, the "T" handle on the paddle is usually the most comfortable for any type of paddling.